There have been notable technological advancements in hair transplant surgeries, however, these advancements still need a very qualified surgeon to get the results one is looking for and paying for. Therefore, in today’s fast-growing, brand-driven, multi-billion-dollar hair transplant industry, people intending to have a hair transplant must do their due diligence to choose a qualified hair transplant surgeon.
How to Choose a Hair Transplant Surgeon?
Before having hair restoration surgery, the person intending to have hair transplant must discuss all pros and cons of the procedure with a qualified hair transplant surgeon. It's important to find a surgeon who is qualified and experienced in carrying out this type of surgery.
all in all, for a hair restoration procedure, one must be sure to know more about the following:
- Enquire about the surgeon’s qualifications and experience.
- Enquire about how many hair transplant surgeries have been performed by the surgeon.
- Ensure that the doctor has a licence to practise and perform this type of surgery.
- Enquire about the follow-up one should expect if things go wrong.
- Ask the hair transplant doctor for a minimum of 10 sets of before-and-after photos or video testimonials of previous patients. Also ask for photos of donor area scars (both FUE and FUT) after hair-bearing tissue is removed for transplantation.
- Enquire about what type of hair transplant is recommended for you and why?
- Ask the following questions if the hair transplant doctor recommended the follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT) technique:
- Are the grafts microscopically dissected?
- How many stereomicroscopes are used during a procedure?
- Does the hair restoration physician use a single-bladed knife to excise the donor strip? (The answer must be "yes.")
- Ask if the following questions if the hair transplant doctor recommended the follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique:
- How many FUE procedures has the surgeon performed?
- Are the FUE grafts examined and refined under a microscope before implantation?
This blog article is intended to help people know what to look for in a hair transplant surgeon. Before taking a big decision such as an ongoing surgery to get back the lost hair, one must be sure that he is choosing the right surgeon and the right clinic.
|Read more: Hair Transplant: All You Need to Know
Do you want to know if Hair transplant is right for you?